Thursday, July 24, 2008

FlashBack ..........

From the past few weeks I was planning to write again it’s just that at times I use to forget sometimes I used to be caught up with work and the very common excuse I used to be very tired (LAZY) to again sit in front of the computer and put my thoughts in although I love doing that. It’s just that once you get in the habit of skipping a few things you get use to it and find ten thousand reasons not to do it.

If I sum everything the ultimate reason I used to feel lazy is my ever increasing weight which I didn’t realize until I saw a year old picture in which I wore clothes which I cannot even attempt to try on now. Plus my cheeks have gone up so bad even if I just smile not even a broad smile I have to shut my eyes a bit I know that is funny but you have to compromise somewhere. I even found the reason why? I eat a lot till my stomach says “I have a limit too” don’t exercise AT ALL even if I have to cut my nails I think twice cause there is a considerable amount of strength that has to applied to use the nail cutter. Believe me even as I am writing this post I am looking for a possible position where I have to put my body through less effort. And I always look forward to a brighter tomorrow when I would start my workout but somehow it is not working out for me all I do is pushing myself for another day .So now I have made up mind three times a week I would hit the gym and other days swimming or running or a game of badminton and I am dead serious this time as I have very few clothes left that fit me now.

Just the other day I went back to my graduation college as I had to collect a few documents and as the supervisor was not at his chair I decided to pay a visit to the canteen. Just next table were a group of young lads gulping some wada sambar as fast as they could. To me they seem to be in their first year of college neatly dressed and all of them had different notebooks for each subject which are traits of freshly school pass outs. And all they were discussing were lectures teachers and notes and within a few minutes they all vanished and where else could they head but their classrooms. Looking at them I remembered my days in college although I didn’t spend much time in their but I have my own memories. Life was so good then all you had to think about is clearing your final exams and yes submitting your practical too I always had to think of new reasons for late submissions. Then life revolved around a few things like movies, cell phones, clothes badminton and friends that’s it. I remember ever day morning we use gather at one meeting point and then head one place for breakfast once that is done then either a movie or a game of pool and if you fall short of ideas the road side time pass was always and option. I don’t even remember If I completed even one book in my entire graduation.

All of us have phases in life one where we in school where there was nothing worse then getting a remark in your calendar and even more worse was getting it signed by your parents. Hiding your report card when you know you haven scored well or for that matter your books when the teacher was coming to check the homework. Then life was very simple and short even if you could bunk one day from school and say home it was somewhere close to haven. The other is when we finish out of school loose the old habit of wearing a uniform everyday. It is like breaking out of a cocoon where we were pampered by our teachers we are always told what to do and what not to do rules were set down which had to be strictly followed. The other is college where whatever you were taught in school you do just the opposite there. In school you were instructed not to be out of class for more than 10 minutes and in college you spend only 10 minutes in class. College is a place where you make new set of friends some good some bad here there is no one to tell you what is good and what is bad. Clothes you wear whatever you like or whatever is up on fashion. College is also place where most of us come face to face with the realities of life because there is no one there to watch your back. We also intend to learn a lot here its one step closer to being independent people don’t take you for granted and a lot of things are expected out of you.

And ultimately here where you done with your books the next time you would be opening those books you would be teaching your own kids. You not only have to plan for the next day but for the coming days and even for the years to come. Life takes sudden turns at every step and at every step something new awaits you. And the things you have done in the past remain as memories which you at times share with others or times you yourself laugh upon.

One thing you always think of is if you could pull back the hands of time and live those moments one more…….

No comments: