Monday, June 23, 2008

Monday Morning ..........

Its almost quarter to 4 and i am just a little behind of work but the kind of start i had today morning it seemed as if i would have been a endless day. As i had anticipated a hectic day nothing really happened that way in fact it was a total chaos today morning. All the planning we had everything went in vain things were just not moving according to plan seemed like everything was to happen today.

Name it and it happened today out of the blue the mail server was not working today due to some congestion it was stuck the work that had to be distributed was taking time to reach peoples inbox . i really cant count how many people i spoke to today morning everything was coming my way at the fastest way it could and all i was doing was trying to duck without any guards on.For the first few hours all i was doing was locating who is sitting where i just didn't sit in my seat at all i had to convince a few people to sit somewhere around me so that me and my team could help them in the work. And the tantrums they have thrown back at me i felt like just moving out from there and head straight home switch off my cell phone and go off to sleep. Not to forget one of my colleague called up and said she was still out of station and would not make it on time and it would be good if someone could cover up for her work. And then i had another task to look for someone who can work on her behalf believe me that is not easy even if Paris Hilton was here at the most she would get a stare and the end result is NO. Some how i convinced someone but that was not easy and the carrot that i gave him to do the job i really cant write it here. Some how i thought i was done with all the troubles when i was informed that one of the researchers was given a wrong project and i had to spend time explaining her again what was her new assignment. Just then two of my friends came to my rescue they took up a few things and i was really happy to get burden off my shoulder.

Never the less in between when i was working i was hindered a number of times and i have this special case in my team she is unique she was in uk for 1 year and she is back here in India for the past 4 years and Guess what ???? she still carries a Brit accent. English i can somehow understand but her Hindi also has a accent Unreal. Whenever i use to get up from my seat to assist someone from the corner of my eye i could see her staring at me because of her i had to go to the wash room twice to check if my fly is open or is there something wrong with my clothes which she can see but i cant. Somehow i feel she had a alarm clock which the moment rings after every one hour she would ask me questions " Who is working on XYZ account " or "Has XYZ left" and she was not helping all she was doing was instigating and i was controlling myself not to say anything to her when my TL is not there or else she would think i took an undue advantage of that. In between i even asked her if she could spend sometime on a particular account where she said NO NO she has two much of work besides gossiping staring at the trees out side and smiling to her own self she had other things to take care of too.
ONE unique quality she has which i think i should should mention is every morning she would sit in her seat and before she can even check her inbox she would open her Vaseline barrel ( me and my friends call it a barrel cause i have never seen a container bigger than that.) and apply it on her hands and legs and then she would start working be it summer winter or rainy season the cream has to be applied first and god forbid if someone touches that barrel i am sure he/she would get scratch marks with her pointed nails.

Anyways i have lost my strength now and and all i can do now is head home have my dinner and sleep.

No comments: